Thursday, October 17, 2013

Beckett Trade

Back in the 2002 and 2003 time frame Beckett had a forum area which had a great trading community.  I made numerous trades, sending cash in the mail at times and never had a problem.  Compared to some of the scammers i have experienced on ebay and those on some of the trading boards who I have been lucky to avoid.

I sold an extra Datsyuk master photo on Ebay and it never arrived in Hawii. I refunded but was out the card. . Another person promised to send extra cards on an ebay side deal, seemed to good to be true and was.  The Master Photo set that I bought on Eay then the seller disappeared was sad because I wanted the cheap set but I did get refunded through Paypal thankfully.  I guess I was scammed in all of these deals.

So skip forward to today and Beckett has a new trading system that can be linked to your inventory.  So card value are auto populated if you have an OPG subscription.   I had some difficulty using the inventory correctly there are several views to use to set cards for trade.  Eventually figured it out and sent the 2 cards to Finland at a cost of $3.08.

2001-02 Pacific #453 Timo Parssinen RC 1 Near Mint/Mint $5.00 $5.00
2003-04 Topps Gold #212 Luc Robitaille 1 Near Mint/Mint $8.00 $8.00
Traded for (from xxxxxxxx):

2001-02 Stadium Club Award Winners #94 Keith Primeau 1 Near Mint/Mint $4.00 $4.00
2001-02 Stadium Club Master Photos #59 Patrick Lalime 1 Near Mint/Mint $8.00 $8.00


No comments: